Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup

Last night the second Cupcake Club took place! There were cakes, prizes and good company. The tube strike kept a few people away but we didn't let that stop us.

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
The prizes to be won

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Anne's Quality Street Cupcakes

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
The inside. I love cupcakes with stuff in the middle. The Bailey's frosting on these was so nice. It really went well with the chocolate cake

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Anne also kindly made us some of her award winning Sprout Cakes! I really liked these. They had raisins, walnuts and grated sprouts inside. I couldn't really taste them but Anne insisted she could.

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Ellie made the biggest cupcakes I've ever seen. I really liked these black bottom cupcakes. They were very rich.

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Ellie also made some Salted Caramel cupcakes. I was impressed caramel is very hard to make. I've never made it from scratch before.

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Here's some of the happy people. Marcus kindly made brandy snaps but I stupidly didn't take any photos of them

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
I love how happy Manny looks. Wonder how bad his sugar crash was later? He ate A LOT of cupcakes!

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Marcus was super pleased with his cupcake ice cube tray

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Anne already has big plans for her jumbo cupcake! She's such a trooper. She had a really bad cold but came and stayed the whole time anyway.

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
We all ate a lot of cupcakes!

Cupcake Club X-Mas Meetup
Me after I got home already feeling the sugar crash

I was going to plan another Cupcake Club, January 18th, at Tart Bar (a cocktail bar in Clerkenwell). If anyone is interested in future Cupcake Club events let me know if you prefer the casual setting of a pub over a fancy cocktail bar or if we should wait until February.

I want to thank everyone that came! I hope you all had a good time. I had a great time and I can't wait till our next "meeting"!