Well the bride wore white.
The Groom wore white. Well his trousers and shoes were black, but he matched the bride.
The bridesmaids looked beautiful.
The Bride spent the night at our house the night before the wedding and the Groom spent the morning here getting ready with his groomsmen. So much of this weekend has been spent soothing frayed nerves, wiping away tears, ironing shirts, checking rewriting speeches and keeping everyone calm.
Carly came and joined in the fun for a while, and better still, she took photos. Many, many photos that I look forward to sharing with you.
My brothers were all here and that was fantastic. Now that the "secret" is out and I know they are all reading my blog, I feel strangely shy posting here. But I'll get over it!
The preacher assured us of hellfire and brimstone.
The reception was a blur of chatting with family, speeches that made everyone cry and sigh and cracking some great moves on the dancefloor.
And now it is over.
And we all have some great memories of the day.
I was fretful this morning when I got up, because being part of the planning for this day has taken up so much time I wondered what new and exciting projects would I devote myself to now.
Turns out, my husband came up with a great one. I'll share more about it soon.
Now for some housekeeping on my blog:
I'm hosting my first giveaway. (Insert excited clapping of hands here)
I don't know about you but I'd be lost without my calendar. Each year I spend alot of time choosing the perfect one. The pictures on my calendar are really important to me. I usually buy a "Lonely Planet" one.
My brother and I are thinking of maybe doing some custom made calendars for Christmas. These would be family calendars.
But we want to be sure that they people would like them. Which is where you come in. We can't decide between desk and wall calendars.
What we know is this:
Each month would have a different flower photo and on them the name(s) of various family members, or you can choose the same name to appear each month. You can choose the flowers you would like for each month (though being in Australia it might be hard for us to source them so we'd ask you to be a bit flexible)
But we want to make sure we do a perfect job. If you would like to win a custom made calendar then here is your chance.
To enter please leave a comment on this blog.
To receive two entries become a follower/leave a comment/or register your interest on the form on my dad's new blog. Carly designed it and it's AMAZING. And then pop back here to let me know.
I'll draw it at the start of October and post an announcement on here after that.
We really want to spread the word about his work because not only is it a magnificent way to see our great state of WA, it's also a chance to build ties with people all over the world. So even if you aren't a walker, maybe you know someone who is and can send them the link.
So back to the calendar. I hope you like the idea. I really, really do.
Okay, that's me done for today.
What's up with you?