This week Starbucks launches it's new range of Petites. The website boasts that they are free from artificial colors, sweeteners and hydrogenated fat.


The range consists of a sparkle pop, almond pop, rocky road pop, red velvet whoopie pie and chocolate whoopie pie. I didn't see the chocolate whoopie at the store by Monument but they did have a little chocolate and raspberry square and one other item near the cake pops.

For once us people in the UK don't have to wait! They were launched at the same time as the US. The offer for UK is a free Petite with voucher that would have been emailed to you if you have a registered Starbucks card. Today (March 10) only though so be fast!


I chose a sparkle pop. I can't resits sparkles. I preferred the whoopie pie over this. The sprinkles and chocolate were nice. The chocolate wasn't too thick and the sprinkles gave it a nice little crunch when I bit into it.

I wasn't a fan of the cake inside. It was really moist, almost wet (however, Anne thought they were just moist enough. I shall have to try another one now). I couldn't tell what kind of cake it was really. I think a little less frosting mixed in with the cake would have made it better.


I also got a red velvet whoopie pie. I quite liked the whoopie pie. I could tell the middle was cream cheese frosting. The cake was a little chewey but I kinda liked it! It's never going to be as good as getting a fresh pie from a bakery but for £1.30 I didn't think it was that bad. I liked the red chocolate drizzle on top too.

I had low expectations going in and these have exceeded them. A decent little cake when you want a little something with your latte.

Each petite was £1.30 when I used my Starbucks card. There were offers for buying more than one.

What does everyone think? Thumbs up or thumbs down?