It turns out Al Gore reads The Conscious Earth. Back in June I wrote that to solve global warming the international community is going to have to leave the United States behind and go it alone. As long US motivation is to derail international talks rather than join them, the world's efforts will only be harmed by granting them a place at the bargaining table.

Speaking from the United Nations climate change summit in Bali yesterday, Al Gore echoed my sentiments,

The Bush administration is the main obstacle to progress in international efforts to fight global warming, but the rest of the world should move on without it, former U.S. vice-president Al Gore said Thursday night during a special appearance at the United Nations climate change summit.

"I am not an official of the United States and I am not bound by diplomatic niceties," said Gore in an emotional speech to delegates that lasted close to an hour. "So I am going to speak an inconvenient truth: My own country, the United States, is principally responsible for obstructing progress here in Bali. We all know that."


Bravo. Lets hope everyone is listening.

Hat tip to NotaryPublic over at BlogCatalog.