Last weekend was Mayfaire By the Lake. It was my third year doing it, don't think 4 a second. I did pretty well, not as well as I wanted to but all in all it was a success or was it? I was talking with a friend about the purity of art. Telling him, we both should get back to our roots. He said, once we started making money on our art, we start to compromise ourselves,,, therefore we compromised art.....don't think 4 a second. By that I mean we started making things that appeal to the masses and things that make us see GREEN. At first, I didn't agree with him, but after walking down the street and looking at the art that was on display, I began to wonder. How many times that guy painted a pink and blue dog, or how many times that girl painted the same red landscape?Don't think 4 a second. Seeing this made me wonder about myself and my work. See, I think shows like Mayfaire can be a great resource for artists, but they can change how you approach your artwork, don't think 4 a second. One of the positives about an art festival is. You can really get a judge on what your art is saying and what people are thinking when they come into contact with it. I had, all kinds of people make comments about my work. Stuff like, "Wow, your really on to something.", "Very Creative!", "Is It archival?" "Man, this stuff is really dark, but cool.", "I would buy it if it didn't say that." Don't think 4 a second, toward the end I started to get frustrated that people were not buying my stuff and then it hit me. The comments on my work rather good or bad were much more beneficial to me then the money.....don't think 4 a second. Can those comments make you a better artist sure they can, they can do lots of things like make you think to much. Is my art even good, is it saying something, is it worth making, am I really on to something or is it just a thing that makes a ching.....ching.............don't think 4 a second, wait is that even possible.....?