I've always had a vivid imagination and I've always been a big dreamer. The first one has often caused me horrible nightmares and the second had taken me to amazing places and fulfilled many yearnings.

So I sit here tonight, full of excitement and a vision. 
Today, just by one of those strange coincidences that occur occasionally, we were out driving as a family. We saw a home open and I don't know what possessed us to look inside. But we did. It's perfect for us. Big enough to accommodate our family, close to the beach, close enough we could walk there and I could watch the sunset every day.
The downside? The insanely high price, the fact we would need to sell our place which given the horrible economic downturn would be quite difficult I imagine etc, etc. But I am not going to get bogged down in the minutiae of it all. 
The fact is, we love the house, it's a dream, yes. I know dreams don't always come true (or very often in fact!) but dreams give us something to hope for, something to believe in, and for me, that's what this house represents.
So tonight, I hope I fall asleep dreaming of our house by the ocean. Dreaming of the evening bbqs as a family, watching my husband kite-surf almost straight past the window, patiently washing the sand and seashells out of my children's hair for the umpteenth time.
Because, you know what? dreams sometimes do come true. As Sir James Barrie said: " Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough.."