First of all, i'm not a company spokesman. Second, I write about what i'm working on here, and what I know personally. The operation of the network, or the databases, isn't in my field of expertise. I can tell you it was down a long time, and that it was the most significant outage in the last 9 years, and lots of people appeared to be working very hard to get things fixed. And I can tell you things seem to be fixed now. But the thing I wanted to say about it was this: as bad as yesterday was in so many dimensions, it was also incredible to witness and experience. We came together internally, there was a sort of steely determination and focus that really seemed to bring out the best in everyone. There is an odd clarity that comes from pain like that. There was no finger pointing, just lots of teamwork. And more than anything in recent memory, it actually made me feel great to be working at netflix, taking on these challenges, and excited for what we are doing. I know it was lousy for every one of you out there. It was pretty lousy in here, too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, I'm glad it's a new day. Back to work.