Mayonnaise Brownies

Hellmann's recently had a bloggers event in London. I wasn't able to make it but they were kind enough to send me a brownie kit! I couldn't decide what to title this post without it sounding gross!Mayonnaise Brownies, Secret Ingredient Brownies, Peanut Butter Mayonnaise Brownies?

Mayonnaise Brownies

I saw the pink bowl and made the brownies the very next day! It had everything needed to make the brownies (except the eggs).

Mayonnaise Brownies

I was a bit skeptical at first of how they would taste, but as I thought about it mayo doesn't have an overly powerful smell, so I figured it wouldn't affect the taste of the brownies and I was right.

Mayonnaise Brownies

The mayo only contains eggs, vinegar and rapeseed oil which makes it creamy. The purpose of the event and the kits are to show Hellmann's as a versatile ingredient for both sweet and savory dishes. I've seen the brownies in quite a few magazine adverts this month.
-
Mayonnaise Brownies

I do love a taste test! This fared 100% more tasty than the last secret ingredient I tasted. The brownies tasted really chocolaty as it uses melted chocolate and cocoa powder. I added half a bag of my precious peanut butter chips from the US instead of nuts for fun. I think these would also make fantastic brownie cupcakes! I think I'll have to add those to make list of things to bake.

Mayonnaise Brownies


Ingredients
40g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
140g plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
3 eggs
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 tbs Hellman's mayonnaise
55g walnuts (or chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease a 9x9 inch brownie pan and line with parchment paper (I have an excellent non stick dish and simply greased it). Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a small bowl and set aside.

Mayonnaise Brownies

2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted and set aside.

Mayonnaise Brownies

3. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla until thickened. Whisk in the melted chocolate.

Mayonnaise Brownies

4. Fold in the flour mixture, mayonnaise and nuts (or chips). Pour batter into the greased baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

Mayonnaise Brownies

Thanks to Hellman's for my Brownie Kit